Avocado – Aruna Repreve® Recycled Fleece
Fair warning: if you cut this fuzzy, dreamy, snuggly cloud of a recycled fleece on the floor, your pets WILL be all over it.
The Aruna Repreve® recycled micro fleece:
-is SO soft, luxurious & cozy to the touch
-is made with recycled water bottles
-has a micro, velour side + a more snuggly “teddy-bear” fleece side
- Colour: Avocado / muted warm green
- Tone: Neutral
- Fabric Content: 70% polyester, 30% Repreve® recycled polyester
- Stretch: 50% lengthwise
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Fairly fluid for a fleece
- Weight: Lightweight + snuggly, 190 gsm / 5 oz
- Width: 58”
- Source: Reorderable
- Care: Hand or machine wash on cold, hang to dry & iron low. Washing synthetic fibres can cause microfibre pollution (a real danger to waterways), so we recommend stretching the time between washings, preferring handwash/gentle cycle to lessen microfibre shedding, or invest in the amazing Guppyfriend wash bag to catch microfibres.
Sustainability: While we wish it were 100% recycled, the recycled portion of the Aruna fleece is the amazing Repreve® recycled polyester, made in large part from post-consumer plastic bottles. The Aruna fleece is also Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified, and made from GRS Gold Level-certified recycled yarn (which also ensures safe working conditions!).
This fleece is named in honour of Aruna Kashyap, lawyer and senior counsel to Human Rights Watch in their women’s rights division. Her reporting on and advocacy for garment workers and the Bangladesh Accord is second to none – required reading to understand how vital the Accord is for the workers’ basic rights and safety.
- Paper Theory LB Pullover (try inserting a zip at the neckline!) (1 > 1.4 yds required)
- Ready to Sew Jamie Cardigan (1.3 > 1.6 yds required)
- Seamwork Skipper (1.1 > 2.4 yds required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our knits moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)