Black Sheep – Hilda Merino & Tencel™ Jersey – 1/2 yard
$ 19.30 CAD
This merino/Tencel™ dream is soft as butter, ethically produced, temperature regulating (perfect for all seasons!) and the perfect weight for base layers, snuggly turtlenecks and cozy cocoon sack dresses. "Why don't you just marry it, Michelle?", you might be asking. And I'd reply that yep, I'm highly considering it.
This merino/Tencel™ jersey:
-is snuggly, soft, with a luxurious drape (and super wide so you can squeeze as much as possible out of your yardage!)
-sourced from non-mulesed New Zealand sheep & Lenzing-certified Tencel™
-keeps ya warm AND keeps ya cool thanks to the sweat-wicking, temp-regulating properties of both Tencel™ and merino wool
- Colour: Black
- Tone: Neutral
- Fabric Content: 67% Tencel™, 29% merino wool, 4% spandex
- Stretch percentage: 80% widthwise stretch, 40% lengthwise stretch
- Opacity: Mostly opaque – some light & colour will show through when held up to direct light, or pulled taught
- Drape: Fluid
- Weight: Light to mediumweight, 200 gsm / 5.9 sq. oz per yard
- Width: 66"
- Care: Handwash in cool water, or in the machine (we'd recommend a 'wool' or 'delicate' cycle, but YMMV!). Hang to dry, and iron at a low/medium temperature.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
🌱Sustainability: Our Hilda jersey is made with ethically-sourced NZ merino from non-mulesed sheep and sustainably-produced, Lenzing-certified Tencel™ lyocell.
Muleseling is a painful procedure that removes skin from the rears of sheep, which we are definitely not about. Lenzing-produced Tencel™ is certified by the FSC to come from sustainable forestry, and guarantees that 99% of the solvent used to dissolve the cellulose is reused and fed back into the production process.
💞Named in celebration of Hilda Heine; a fierce defender of the environment, climate change crusader and first female president of the Marshall Islands. (And she needs to be tough: these islands in the Pacific are on the front line, with rampant droughts caused by climate change devastating their nation.)
- Style Arc Alexi Skivvy
- Seamwork Tacara
- Helen's Closet Avery Leggings
Need some inspiration? Check out our knits moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)