Comma Print Silk Twill – 1/2 yard
Salvaged from a bespoke tie shop that was going out of business, this silk jacquard would have an illustrious second life as an oversized button-up or wrap tee.
This silk jaquard:
-has the cutest literary-inspired (or I'd like to think so!) comma print
-is soft to the touch and drapey as heck
-has a pronounced twill weave
- Colour: Navy with a teal comma print (1/2" wide)
- Tone: Neutral, leaning cool
- Fabric Content: 100% silk (as confirmed by burn test)
- Opacity: Completely opaque
- Drape: Fluid
- Weight: Lightweight
- Width: 42”
- Source: Deadstock from a bespoke tie shop
- Care: Dry clean for the risk-averse, hand wash for the brave! Please do a water test first to test the colour-fastness of the prints.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Closet Case Carolyn Pajamas Top
- Paper Theory Olya Shirt (2 > 2.2 yards required)
- Sew House 7 Tea House Top (2.6 > 4 yards required)
Need some inspiration? Check out our silk moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)