Deep Jade – Crushed Stretch Velvet – 1/2 yard
$ 7.50 CAD
Live out your Tonya Harding figure skating dreams, or just sew a real cool pair of leggings.
This stretch crushed velvet:
-has the coolest crushed texture that reflects the light like broken glass
-is super soft!
-has a fluid drapey hand and good recovery – perfect for a dress, bodysuit or leggings
- Colour: Deep, emerald jade
- Tone: Warm
- Fabric Content: 95% polyester, 5% lycra
Stretch percentage: 60% widthwise, 20% lengthwise
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Fluid with good recovery
- Weight: Lightweight with body
- Width: 58”
- Source: Deadstock, by way of the NYC garment district
- Care: Wash your finished garment in a mesh bag (preferably a microfibre-catching one!) to prevent excessive agitation of the velvet's pile. Wash on cool, hang to dry, iron on low on the wrong side.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Closet Case Nettie Bodysuit
- Seamwork Shelly Leggings
✨Need some inspiration? Check out our knits moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)