Golden Grass Silk/Wool Woven – 1/2 yard
$ 14.99 CAD
A wool/silk blend for when you can’t decide which fibre you love more (don’t make me choooooose.)
This deadstock silk/wool blend :
-is SO luxe, with a smooth, soft hand and slight sheen
-would make an extra cute longline blazer, holiday dress or smart two-piece suit
-is the colour of magic hour descending on a summer grass field (sorry, so extra)
- Colour: A light goldenrod/wheat, with one side slightly darker
- Tone: Warm
- Fabric Content: Silk/wool blend – a burn test would suggest about 60/40 with silk in the lead. It’s rather hard to tell as both fibres behave the same, but it’s definitely not scratchy or weighty in any way. :)
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Light and fluid
- Weight: Lightweight
- Width: 64”
- Source: Deadstock, by way of the NYC garment district
- Care: For the cautious: dry clean only! For the brave: test a swatch by handwashing in cool water with a delicate detergent, and hanging to dry. All good? Proceed! :)
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Closet Case Fiore Skirt
- Simplicity S9012
- Republique Du Chiffon Barbara jacket
✨Need some inspiration? Check out our silk moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)