Remnant - Grey Chambray Shirting – 1.2 yards
If you aren’t sewing with chambray in spring, are you sewing at all? 🤔
This chambray shirting
- is lightweight and crisp, with a floaty drape
- is mostly opaque – perfect for a dress or top
- is a true chambray, with white weft threads and a gorgeous blue selvedge
- Colour: A classic grey-blue chambray, with white weft threads and a blue selvedge
- Tone: Neutral
- Fabric Content: 100% cotton (confirmed by a burn test)
- Opacity: Fairly opaque, some shadow will show through when held up to direct light
- Drape: Crisp with some floaty drape
- Weight: Lightweight
- Width: 58”
- Source: Deadstock from Halston Heritage
- Care: Wash in warm or cool water, air dry or tumble dry on low. Iron on medium. Cotton will shrink so be sure to prewash!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the mill or designer who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of acrylic fibres & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Paper Theory Olya Shirt + Dress (1.7 > 3.1 yards required)
- Grainline Archer Button Up (2.1 > 2.8 yards required)
- Cashmerette Lenox Shirtdress (2.8 > 3.75 yards required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our cotton moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)