Chevron Striped Rayon – 1/2 yard
$ 6.75 CAD
The perfect midweight for your favourite summer activities (yachting? scrolling 16 pages deep on reddit? laying on your floor with multiple fans pointed at you? it’s all perfect.).
-has a gorgeous chevron-striped pattern
-has an incredibly unique feel – it’s 100% rayon but feels like a midweight cotton, giving you a luxe weight and drape for days.
-it’d be perfect for a structured cocoon dress, oversized relaxed blazer, pair of floaty culottes or boxy tee.
- Colour: Wine/Navy/Buttercream chevron stripes (running widthwise) against a cream background
- Tone: Warm
- Fabric Content: 100% rayon
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Drapey and easy-wearing, but with a “cottonesque” heft to it
- Weight: Lighter side of mediumweight
- Width: 58”
- Source: Deadstock from the NYC fashion district
- Care: As rayon can shrink quite aggressively, we recommend prewashing on warm and tumble drying on medium. With your finished garment, wash on cold (or handwash, if it’s really precious) and hang to dry to prevent further shrinkage.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Paper Theory Olya Shirtdress (2.3 yards to 3.2 yards required)
- Republique Du Chiffon Barbara Jacket (2.2 yards required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our drape moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)