Black Italian Ponte Di Roma – 1/2 yard
The most luxurious ponte I’ve ever come across, this Italian-made fabric may turn me into a leggings-as-pants gal yet.
This Italian ponte:
-is deliciously smooth and high-quality
-has excellent stretch recovery (with that prized audible ‘snap’ when you stretch and release)
-is a deep, deep, deeeep black
- Colour: Black
- Tone: Neutral
- Fabric Content: Rayon/Nylon/Lycra with excellent recovery
- Stretch percentage: 50% widthwise and lengthwise stretch
- Opacity: Completely opaque
- Drape: Weighty and fluid
- Weight: Mediumweight
- Width: 60”
- Source: Italian-made deadstock, sourced from a NY fashion designer
- Care: Prewash on warm and tumble dry medium. Continue to wash on cool and hang to dry to protect the lycra!
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Style Arc Rita Ponte Skirt (0.75 > 1.75 yards)
- Tessuti Anita Ponti Pants (1.25 > 1.4 yards)
- Seamwork Margo Skirt ( 1 > 2 yards required)
Need some inspiration? Check out our knit moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)