Large-Scale Floral – Rayon/Spandex Knit – 1/2 yard
A large-scale floral knit that acts as a perfect stand in for actual flowers until spring shows up.
This rayon knit is:
- Super drapey with a good snappy recovery
- Deadstock from fabric designer Kathy Davis
- Extra soft with a high-quality matte look
- Colour: Large-scale floral print (repeating pattern is about 7” x7”) with burn orange, teal & raspberry
- Tone: Warm
- Stretch percentage: 50% widthwise stretch, 80% lengthwise stretch
- Fabric Content: 97% rayon, 3% Lycra
- Opacity: Quite opaque – some shadow will show through when held up to direct light, but you could definitely feel confident making a tight-fitting garment with this.
- Drape: Fluid drape
- Weight: Lightweight
- Width: 60"
- Source: Kathy Davis deadstock
- Care: Wash on cool & tumble dry low. Use a veeery low iron on this.
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the mill or designer who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of acrylic fibres & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Grainline Patterns Lark Tee (1.25 > 1.75 yards required)
- Closet Case Nettie Dress + Bodysuit (1.25 > 2 yards required)
- Secondo Piano Basic Instinct T (1.25 > 1.5 yards required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our knits moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)