Moss – Organic Cotton 10 oz Duck Canvas – 1/2 yard
$ 12.50 CAD
A Matchpoint classic returns! This 10 oz. cotton canvas is the PERFECT weight for trouser & jacket making, with a softer hand & higher thread count than most garment canvases. Made from 100% organic canvas and dyed using eco-friendly materials.
- Colour: Warm mossy green / olive
- Undertone: Warm
- Fabric Content: 100% certified organic cotton
- Opacity: Opaque
- Weight: Medium > heavyweight – 10 oz. / 339 gsm
- Width: 60”
- Drape: Crisp and structured, without being rigid
- Source: New from mill
- -Care: This fabric is preshrunk, but we suggest giving it a prewash just to be safe, as it may shrink up to 3-5% more. Wash on cool, tumble dry on low/permanent press (or hang to dry), iron on high with lots of steam. Like all dyed natural fibers, expect to see some fading over time. This can be mitigated by hanging to dry and washing on cool. Note that colours may transfer before the first few washes.
🌱Sustainability: Organic from seed to finished product, our organic canvas is made with 100% certified organic cotton and dyed using low-impact methods.
Non-organic cotton production is responsible for 25% of the world’s insecticide use and more than 10% of pesticide use – pretty staggering for just one crop. Traditional cotton is also incredibly water-hungry – it takes 20,000 litres of water to produce just 2 pounds of cotton. Organic cotton uses (on average) 30% less water – reserving more natural resources for the inhabitants of the often water-challenged countries where cotton is harvested.
-Anna Allen Persephone Pants
-Anna Allen Philippa Pants
-Lysimaque Nenuphar Jacket
-Paper Theory Miller Trousers
✨Need some inspiration? Check out our canvas moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)