Remnant - Blackened Indigo – 100% Cotton Denim – .45 yards
This 100% cotton deadstock dream denim is perfect for your first (or fiftieth) pair of jeans. Also, if you’ve made 50 pairs of jeans, please get in touch with me I have so many questions.
This cotton denim:
-is a deep, nearly black indigo
-is 100% cotton but with a good amount of natural crossgrain give (which will make trousers SUPER comfy but is best for non-stretch patterns as there is no recovery)
-is nice and sturdy without being TOO heavy – my estimates put it at around 11 or 12 oz
- Colour: Deep, blackened indigo
- Tone: Neutral
- Fabric Content: 100% cotton
- Stretch percentage: Under 10% of natural "give" (note: this is 100% cotton so has no recovery - this denim is better for non-stretch patterns!)
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Crisp and weighty
- Weight: Heavy side of mediumweight
- Width: 61”
- Source: Deadstock from the NYC Garment District
- Care: Wash alone the first few times as dye may run or rub off on other garments. (You can also add 1/2 cup of white vinegar your wash to set the dye) Wash on warm, tumble dry medium. Iron on warm with plenty of steam.
Prewashing large amounts of denim can sometimes cause white creases to appear, due to the fabric not having room to move around. This can be remedied by adding the fabric to the wash while wet, or cutting it into smaller pieces before your wash.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- -Anna Allen Philippa Pants (1.75 > 2.75 yards required)
- -Megan Nielsen Dawn Jeans (1.1 > 2.8 yards required)
- Closet Case Morgan Jeans (1.5 > 2.25 yards required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our denim moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)