Remnant - Navy – Checkered Stretch Cotton – .75 yard
A classy checkmate for all your spring sewing plans.
This stretch cotton:
-has great body and structure
-features a gorgeous woven-in checkered pattern and a slight sheen
-is perfect for stretch AND non-stretch patterns that require a bit of body/weight
- Colour: Navy
- Tone: Neutral
- Fabric Content: 98% cotton, 2% spandex
- Stretch Percentage: 10% widthwise stretch
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Crisp, structured and heavy
- Weight: Mediumweight
- Width: 55”
- Source: Deadstock from a local Toronto designer
- Care: Wash on warm (take note: cotton will shrink a bit!), tumble dry low/med, iron on medium with lots of steam. Heat can break down the spandex content slightly over time – if this is a concern for you, we recommend hanging to dry!
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Closet Case Patterns Sasha Trousers (2.5 > 3.75 yards required)
- Kommatia Patterns Mile End Trousers (1.58 > 1.8 yards required)
- Seamwork Quince (2.1 > 3.25 yards required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our cotton moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)