Remnant - Tilted Squares Silk Jacquard – 1 yard
$ 20.00 CAD $ 22.00 CAD
Salvaged from a bespoke tie shop that was going out of business, this silk jacquard would have an illustrious second life as a boxy tee or swingy skirt.
This silk jaquard:
-is crisp and light
-features a sweet, graphic repeating square print
-has a good amount of structure: perfect for a boxy tee, swingy dress or structured skirt
- Colour: Navy with cream and yellow repeating 1/4” square print
- Tone: Neutral, leaning warm
- Fabric Content: 100% silk (as confirmed by burn test)
- Opacity: Completely opaque
- Drape: Crisp and light with structure
- Weight: Lightweight
- Width: 42”
- Source: Deadstock from a bespoke tie shop
- Care: Dry clean for the risk-averse, hand wash for the brave! Please do a water test first to test the colour-fastness of the prints.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Closet Case Carolyn Pajamas Top (
- McCalls M7956 (1.1 > 2.2 yards required)
- Sew House 7 Tea House Top (2.6 > 4 yards required)
Need some inspiration? Check out our silk moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)