Remnant - Robert Kaufman Ships Cotton Shirting – .8 yard
$ 7.99 CAD $ 8.40 CAD
This Robert Kaufman cotton is perfect for the sea-minded sewist – or wannabe yacht club member.
This oxford cotton:
-has a crisp, soft hand – juuust on the lighter side of quilting cotton
-features ships! and the names of ships! (learn while you sew!)
-is a really nice faded blue – should go well with blue jeans or a sailor's cap
- Colour: Faded denim blue with white ship print, varying from about 2" to 5" long
- Tone: Cool/neutral
- Fabric Content: 100% Cotton
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Crisp while retaining some movement
- Weight: Lightweight
- Width: 44"
- Source: Robert Kaufman deadstock by way of local Canadian designer Birds of North America
- Care: Be sure to prewash on warm to prevent shrinkage of your finished piece! Otherwise, wash on warm or cool, tumble dry on medium, iron on medium.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the initial designer, fabric store or mill who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of harmful fibres and dyes & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Grainline Archer Button Up
- Helen's Closet Ashton Top
Need some inspiration? Check out our cotton moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)