Peony Pink – Isra Organic Stretch Cotton Corduroy – 1/2 yard
$ 10.99 CAD
If the shop's search data is anything to go by, you're all as wild for corduroy as I am. And this organic cotton dream in the perfect retro shades should be just the fabric you're looking for.
This organic cotton corduroy:
-has a nice wide 8-wale cord & medium/heavy weight – perfect for boxy jackets, a-line skirts and high-rise flares
-has a bit of stretch (read: extra comfy) – don't worry, you can use it for your fave non-stretch patterns too! (You may need to size down if it's a form-fitting garment).
-is SO SOFT, with a gorg velvety pile
- Colour: A subdued light pink, leaning slightly warm
- Tone: Warmish
- Fabric Content: 97% organic cotton, 3% spandex
- Stretch percentage: 10% widthwise stretch
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Structured with some fluidity to the drape
- Weight: Medium side of heavyweight, 310 gsm / 9.1 oz
- Width: 56"
- Care: Handwash precious pieces, or throw in the machine on cool. We recommend hanging to dry, and ironing on the reverse side on a lower temperature.
*We recommend taking a screenshot of this page to capture the care instructions, as listings often disappear when fabric goes out of stock!
🌱Sustainability: Our Isra Organic Cotton corduroy is made with certified organic cotton yarn.
Non-organic cotton production is responsible for 25% of the world’s insecticide use and more than 10% of pesticide use – pretty staggering for just one crop. Traditional cotton is also incredibly water-hungry – it takes 20,000 litres of water to produce just 2 pounds of cotton. Organic cotton uses (on average) 30% less water – reserving more natural resources for the inhabitants of the often water-challenged countries where cotton is harvested.
💞Named in celebration of Isra Hirsi, the beyond-badass climate hero & co-founder of the eponymous US Youth Climate Strike.
- Friday Pattern Co Ilford Jacket
- Grainline Studio Reed Skirt
- True Bias Lander Pants
Need some inspiration? Check out our corduroy moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)