Wine – Boiled Wool – 1/2 yard
This rare deadstock beauty is pictured in the dictionary right above the word ‘snuggle’.
This boiled wool:
-has a subtle bouclé texture
-is cozy & warm as anything
-has a good percentage of mechanical stretch – perfect for a coatigan
- Colour: Berried wine
- Tone: Warm
- Stretch percentage: 20% widthwise and lengthwise mechanical stretch
- Fabric Content: 100% wool
- Opacity: Opaque
- Drape: Structured & crisp while retaining nice movement
- Weight: On the heavy side of mediumweight
- Width: 48”
- Source: Deadstock
- Care: Despite its name, boiled wool will shrink if laundered at home. If you plan to handwash, buy 20% more than you think is necessary. Dry clean finished garment or hand wash – give it a good soak with some wool wash, gently squeeze moisture out with a towel & dry flat.
Sustainability: Deadstock is high-quality fabric that went unused by the mill or designer who ordered it – be it a big-name fashion brand, fabric mill or film & TV set. (Kind of like browsing the fashion industry's fabric stash.) Buying deadstock supports a circular textile economy, avoids net new production of acrylic fibres & diverts high-quality textiles away from landfills. Pretty cool!
- Named Talvikki Sweater (1¾ > 2¾ yards required)
- Schnitten Silvia Coatigan (2.2 > 2.5 yards required)
- Esme Maxi Cardigan (2 > 3¾ yards required)
Need some inspiration?✨ Check out our outerwear moodboard.
(Sold by the 1/2 yard. Fabric will be cut in a continuous piece - order 1 for 1/2 yard, 2 for 1 yard, 3 for 1.5 yards, and so on.)